Before you let your property
Important considerations for Landlords
Before you let your property it is important to consider:
- Is my property suitable to let?
- What is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy and when should I use it?
- What if my tenant doesn't pay?
- Can I regain possession if my tenant does not want to leave at the end of the agreed tenancy?
- Will the deposit be covered by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme for Regulated Agents?
Make sure that your property is covered by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme for Regulated Agents. This voluntary scheme ensures that the deposit is protected during the tenancy; and that any dispute over its return will be resolved quickly and independently without any further cost.
For more details please see the TDRSA website at http://www.tds.gb.com/. New legislation requires that all deposits are covered by such a scheme.
- Which bills are my responsibility and which are the tenant's?
- What insurance cover do I need?
Sampson and Co, 56 Highstreet, Normanton, West Yorkshire WF6 2AQ.